What do I need to do? Emigrating with a toddler...

LadyCroft

I am looking for a checklist of what we should have done now that we have our littlest's visa... We just arrived back int Australia and I am going over the things I will need to do now we have the Child Visa 101...

I am getting the temp Medicare card transferred over so it is now permanent since we have the Child Visa 101. I need to then register with Centrelink and a local GP as we seem to be missing a vaccination since coming from the UK.

What other things are important? I need to get on the waiting list for a local Kindergarten as places are very limited... I just don't know what other things I am supposed to be organising for my little bubs.

Thanks for any help here. The rest of us all had our visas and got everything sorted when we arrived but there was a delay in processing the Child Visa for our baby because of the change in Govt.

Thank you everyone!

Would be interested to know if there is anything additional as also emigrating with a toddler on a 190! I have got a letter from GP with a list of all immunisations, it was suggested by some PIO members to just take her red book, which i will but the handwriting in it is terrible, you can't make anything out which is why i got the letter to be on the safe side!

I am looking for a checklist of what we should have done now that we have our littlest's visa... We just arrived back int Australia and I am going over the things I will need to do now we have the Child Visa 101...

I am getting the temp Medicare card transferred over so it is now permanent since we have the Child Visa 101. I need to then register with Centrelink and a local GP as we seem to be missing a vaccination since coming from the UK.

What other things are important? I need to get on the waiting list for a local Kindergarten as places are very limited... I just don't know what other things I am supposed to be organising for my little bubs.

Thanks for any help here. The rest of us all had our visas and got everything sorted when we arrived but there was a delay in processing the Child Visa for our baby because of the change in Govt.

Thank you everyone!

Good idea to phone your local Maternal and Child Health Centre, its them that do all the developmental reviews 12 months, 2 years, 3 1/2 years etc, thats in Victoria

Edited by AJ

To be honest I don't think there is much more you need to do. Bring the red immunisation book with you and contact a doctors to ask if she is due anything here. You don't register with a GP so there is not that aspect. You can ask there if there are any clinics etc you could attend.

I'm in Adelaide and until you know where you are setting a kindy or daycare isn't really something you can plan on. Go view some once you are settled, discuss wait times and so on.

Other than Centrelink, there isn't much more that I can think of really.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the replies. The main thing I had to do was go the the GP and the immunisations nurse took the red book and sent off the info so we can get the Immunisation History form that shows how up to date immunisations are. Not sure if we will have to get a Hep B vacc or not... Depends on if it stops him getting into Kinder... I hate all this.

Thanks again :)