Do UK TV's work in Aus

richselina

Hi,

I'd like to confirm whether or not UK TV's work in Australia and if they do, do you need to have a separate digital box or are signals picked up from the existing tuner within the TV. I've been told they work, but just need to confirm on what basis they do work before I ship them.

Thanks for all help, Rich

Yes just change the plug or buy an aussie adaptor.

Hi, thanks for this. My main concern though is whether the existing TV tuner works within the TV or if I will have to buy external tuners (like a freeview / sky box) we have here in the UK.

Depends how attached or how old your tv is on whether you think it's worth bringing over here. You can get a set top box for it but if you are thinking of replacing the TV anyway it's worth noting that tvs here have had a massive price crash recently.

40 inch tvs are now around $800 (£400) which is about a third of what they were 5 years ago.

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-lcd-led-plasma/42-46-47-50-inch/

We bought over three. The main on (40") worked fine, as it was only 18 months old, the other two would not tune in to Aussie tv, and would require a set top box, so I used the one for the Foxtel multiroom in our bedroom, repacked the other, and bought a 50" of Gumtree (My favourite shop).

Archived