IELTS Arrggghhh!!

InNeedOfSun

Guest Guest100417

Hi Paul, I dreaded the IELTS but didn't have to get an 8. I bought books off the net, did a lot of reading on forums etc but by far the best literature and advice I had was the http://www.ieltsbuddy.com website for all aspects. They have mock exams in writing, reading and listening with a few examples of the speaking part which I dreaded the most for some reason.

Also try IELTS Ryan on YouTube for help with the writing exam, particularly question 2. This is the biggie because it carries most marks obviously.

from experience, these worked absolute wonders, better than any books or forums I found and this is no dig at anyone or any sites but the 2 I focused on we're really good. So much so, I managed to get an 8.5 and must have been 2-3 marks off a 9 because the scoring is that tight. I did the academic and was well pleased with what I got incidentally finding out while I was in Vietnam on holiday so really nice too.

Have a look, nothing to lose by browsing. Best of luck Paul!!

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

On my 4th attempt I eventually passed the academic test with the points I needed to gain a valuable 20 points for my visa application

L: 8.5 W: 8 S: 8.5 and R: 8 with a 8.5 overall

I had to come off the website and log back in as I was convinced I had read it wrong. The reading test has been a total ball ache !!!!

Im still beaming from ear to ear, it has put me on pins for the last 6 months, but boy what a relief now its all done and dusted.:laugh:

On my 4th attempt I eventually passed the academic test with the points I needed to gain a valuable 20 points for my visa application

L: 8.5 W: 8 S: 8.5 and R: 8 with a 8.5 overall

I had to come off the website and log back in as I was convinced I had read it wrong. The reading test has been a total ball ache !!!!

Im still beaming from ear to ear, it has put me on pins for the last 6 months, but boy what a relief now its all done and dusted.:laugh:

Yes, well done, exciting times!

I was the same, I logged in and out of the website a few times before it sunk in.

fantastic news and fantastic scores.

good luck with getting to Oz.

Paul