Moving to Australia from ireland

Kirsty Mee

it will be me and my two other friends, i want to move over for maybe 2 years, im not sure what visa to get or anything? Im a qualified hairdresser.

Well if you are 30 or under, sounds like a working holiday visa would suit your needs. They are initially for a year, but if you do three months of specified regional work you can get a second year. It is a fairly easy application process, go to http://www.immi.gov.au and search for working holiday visa.

Hi guys!

Im thinkin about moving to Australia at the end of the year.

Im wondering does any of ye know how much money i will need? or whats the process? if ye could help me out it would be great :)

Hi Kirsty

My wife and I are also from Ireland and we are emigrating to Australia later on this year.

Regarding how much money to bring. Well if you go for the working holiday visa as Rupert suggested you will need to show that you can financially support yourself during your visit (immigration can do random spot checks upon arrival) the minimum required is $5000 each. But of course the amount will vary depending on how much travelling you wish to do.

Agree re the WHV. Do your regional work within the first year and get a second year added on. I'd do the regional first and get it out of the way personally.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys!

Im thinkin about moving to Australia at the end of the year.

Im wondering does any of ye know how much money i will need? or whats the process? if ye could help me out it would be great :)

Good luck ! Let us know how you get on with work etc, my wife is hairdresser and we would love to make the move

Archived