Contributory Parent Query

Guest Gollywobbler

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi all

I'm looking for advice from anyone whose visa has involved a Mandatory Assurance of Support, please.

With CP Visas, there is an AoS plus a second visa-application charge (2nd VAC.) My sister lodged the Bond yesterday and took the necessary proof of that to Centrelink. Yesterday she also sent the POPC a Bank Draft for the 2nd VAC. The POPC will definitely receive it on Monday, and Centrelink are now in a position where they can also do whatever they need to. For good measure, my sister has also sent the POPC copies of the papers she gave Centrelink after lodging the bond.

Has anyone any idea how long it is now likely to take until the visa is granted? Would it normally be days, or is it more likely to be weeks? My anclent, widowed Mum is the applicant. Her birthday is 19 Sepember. Her wedding anniversary is 29 September.

If it is realistic to hope for the visa the week after next, I would like to ask both Centrelink and DIMA to try to gear up to grant the visa on Mum's birthday if possible - it would be the best prezzy in the world for her.

If not, then I'm hoping we might be able to engineer the Grant for 29 September instead, but either way the plan is to keep schtum with Mum and let it be a surprise.

Any advice/information would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks, Gill

Archived