Best Or As Good As You Can Get PAYG Monthly Contract Mobile with Data Plans

BrownEyedGal

Hey Peeps

I'm currently on CrazyJohn but looking to leave due to my contract expiring.

Has anyone tried or is on the following: Amaysim, Think, Spintel or Yatango?

I want the ability to have international/gloabal roaming for when I travel (yes I know I can buy a cheap sim but I don't really want to), a minimum of 4gb data, (as no home internet), some international calls, sms/texts and mms.

The Hello package was spanking but no global roaming :(.

But as some may know I count good customer service above anything else.

I've done a fair bit of research but would welcome PIOers experiences with any non-contract mobile company.

Thanks in advance.

BEGal

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, we have been with Optus since arriving 5 years ago. Decided to try Amaysim and we have saved loads and is just as good (it's on Optus network)

Thank you for that, SES. I contacted Amaysim but they don't do international roaming.

I have joined YATANGO. First month is free to see what sort of plan you require. Everything is done online and that is everything. International roaming is offered but you need to set it up before you leave Australia, (which they omitted to tell me, so here in the UK without it for banking purposes). Yatango is an Optus re-seller and rates are good and easy to set up your plan. I will find out when I get back from the UK for sure on how well it works. I must admit porting my number across took about an hour. Amazed.

However the best UK deal that I have found so far for me is with Three. BECAUSE you can use the cross network minutes in Australia! No roaming or international fees and free 3 to 3 calls. So I've just signed up for the cheapest deal at £6.90 and I can use my minutes and texts and data with no extra charge. Porting my number was a pain as it took about 12 hours, but its done and I'm happy.

I've also taken out a Three mobile broadband account of 15gb per month for £15.99 and again I can use this in Australia with no roaming costs. Its a 2 year contract but for me that's okay as I will leave a dongle in the UK and take the WiFi device with me to Oz.

Still have to test it out but if it works by god I will be happy. I have a UK bank account so it will be no problem to pay that each month.

Since coming back I can't believe how cheap the phone plans are. Even the handsets seem cheaper - well okay the second hand ones!

Hope the info is useful for some folks coming over..make sure to check out the details/information for yourself about the companies mentioned.

BEGal

Jasepom - I guess it all depends on what you want/need in a plan.

I personally don't need much talk time or texts but I do need data. My bill was $89 pm with Crazy John for 4gb data, international and Oz calls with unlimited texts. A similar plan with Amaysim is just under $40. You can definitely get cheaper in Oz but you have to shop around. I worked out again similar with Yatango works out much cheaper for me. But like I said I have to test it out properly when I get back to Oz.

I'd be interested in others findings.

Archived