AHPRA / ANMAC - confused!?

Hi there,

Ive looked through the forum but cant see an answer, I apologise if Ive missed something obvious!

My question is - if I go for AHPRA first without IELTS (but with proof from high school that I was taught in English) and then go for ANMAC afterwards, would I a) do the modified assessment rather than full and b) still have to do IELTS for ANMAC or Visa ??

Sorry, Im still trying to get my head around it all. Im one very confused midwife trying to work out the best way though.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Ive looked through the forum but cant see an answer, I apologise if Ive missed something obvious!

My question is - if I go for AHPRA first without IELTS (but with proof from high school that I was taught in English) and then go for ANMAC afterwards, would I a) do the modified assessment rather than full and b) still have to do IELTS for ANMAC or Visa ??

Sorry, Im still trying to get my head around it all. Im one very confused midwife trying to work out the best way though.

Thanks!

Hi, if you go fo AHPRA first and can prove you have been taught in English at college and Uni then that would be acceptable. Once you had AHPRA registration you could apply for modified skills assessment. You would only need to sit your Ilets if you needed the extra points for your visa score.

Hope this helps :-)

That is really really helpful, thank you so much! Im assuming that because the modified assessment doesnt require personal references then this will be much easier way of doing ANMAC? But will I still need them for visa application?

Looking at your timeline - does it take a year to get AHPRA granted?! I was looking for the quickest/most convenient way through the process (arent we all!!)

Ahpra takes a while. .there is some time lines on here..mine took 8 weeks a year ago but see ppl waiting 6-8 months recently...anmac is easier after ahpra with less documentation required..and cheaper....I didnt need personal refs for visa...anmac taking 16 weeks currently

That is really really helpful, thank you so much! Im assuming that because the modified assessment doesnt require personal references then this will be much easier way of doing ANMAC? But will I still need them for visa application?

Looking at your timeline - does it take a year to get AHPRA granted?! I was looking for the quickest/most convenient way through the process (arent we all!!)

AHPRA was only a year as I was initailly told I have to fly out and present in person to complete the registration and i wasn't ready to fly out; then the rules changes earlier this year so finalised my registration online - otherwise I would have got my registartion in 2013.

My modified assessment DOES require professional references as i am applying under community health nurse code not the generic codes.

I haven't got to visa stage yet so not sure about the question about references....

It is worth adding up the points you think you have for the visa and checking if you have reached 60 points without the Ilets (I have to do the Ilets later this year, as when i turn 33 i lose 5 points taking me back to 55 points!:-(

The quickest and cheapest way appears to be the sponsored visa but we decided against that as we have young children and wouldn't want the panic of an employer saying they didnt need me anymore an ending the sponsorship also hard to be tied to an employer if you don't like it when you get there.

Thank you very much guys, very helpful info. Id actually be happy with a 457 sponsorship as I really feel Id like a couple of years to decide etc and the PR is so VERY expensive. But I dont ever see any adverts for midwifery sponsorships :( unless its terribly remote and rural and I dont want that either.

Archived