Which tourist visa before partner visa

appleosprey

Hello everyone,

we are coming to australia in a couple of weeks, my partner gets his new Italian passport on Tuesday as it's almost expired. We then have to apply for a tourist visa to get him in to Aus. We can apply for normal free 3 month Visa or pay for 6 or 12 month visa

we need to apply for partner visa after soon as we have now been together 12 months + in the defacto relationship (6 months in uk and the last 6 months travelling asia together)

what is the procedure for him to extend his free tourist visa once in Australia,

im im concerned about getting him 12 month tourist visa as if we apply soon his bridging visa will not activate till his 12 months are up and he won't be able to work

Im not sure what to do! Can we just go to NZ for the weekend in a couple of months if we have not got our docs sorted?

also does anyone know a cheapish migration agent near Gold Coast or brisbane?

We we have been in a relationship for 4 years yet I feel so scared we won't get the partner visa approved.

i feel guilty like when I walk through customs at the airport, I feel so guilty

thanks everyone

If you have collected all your evidence ahead of time and kept it safe I don't see you needing more than 3 months to pull it all together. You only need stat decs, your statements, birth certs etc on top. Police check and medical can be done easily enough too. There should be plenty of time in 3 months to get all the things needed.

I'd not look to getting more than a 3 month tourist visa personally.

Archived