Skills assessment/ielts/eoi

shartone

Apologises if this has been asked many times before....I have spent several hours searching through the forum!

I have read the pack in relation to applying for a visa etc and have previously asked about timescales for visas and sponsorship in relation to my job role as a social worker.

Me and my husband are wishing to relocate to Australia via me applying for a Skilled Visa in relation to Social Worker. The earliest we would want to move is not until September 2015.

I have several questions:

I am really confused about the Skills Assessment (Social Work) and IELTS - Which do I do first?

I have found the governing body for Social Work for the Skills Assessment however have not been able to find any substantial information with regards to the assessment? - I understand the criteria in terms of qualification and experience.

My husband's occupation is not a skilled profession therefore I wished to add him to my visa, should he also do the IELTS? I am thinking that he will need to do this however want to double check!

I have read on the forum that Police and Medical checks need to be completed....where do we get the forms from in relation to these?

Thanks

You should read up on your skills assessment and see if it requires that you have taken IELTS first. If so, then that is your answer, if not then it doesn't matter which you do first, you could do them simultaneously. Do not lodge your EOI until you have both completed.

If your husband holds a passport from UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, NZ then he does not need to take IELTS. If he holds a passport from any other country he does.

Don't worry about police checks and medicals for time being, you are a long way from needing to do these. It is best to break this down into small bite size pieces rather than try to do everything at once when there is no need.

Thanks again Rupert!! I feel totally lost at the minute! There's so much information on the internet.

So focus on one strategy and one thing at a time. If you want to emigrate, forget about sponsorship and jobs, focus on the skilled migrant visa.

Focus on the first steps for the skilled migrant visa which are skills assessment and IELTS, forget everything else and just do those things. To be honest, once they are done the process gets a lot easier.

Archived