Returning to UK: Kent vs Essex

clarabella1987

This is only my opinion from living in Essex most of my life.

Bishops Stortford is a market town with good links to London and good schools. Dunmow as already mentioned. If you want to be near the coast maybe somewhere near colchester. Some of braintree is okay and should be within your budget. Also Chelmsford. Epping is a nice town which is in the last zone of the central line for London though prices have shot up in the last few years.

Would avoid Harlow, Basildon, waltham abbey (used to be nice not so much now).

Know nothing about Kent I'm afraid.

Thanks for your help. I'll have a look at those areas. Do you know if Southend-on-sea is nice? My father would like to be by the seaside (I don't mind). Thanks!

Hi jasepom,

In my mind we are swapping a "comfortable" life in Australia for an exciting life in London. Every one is different.

My husband and I are actually looking to progress our careers to the next stage and have decided on moving to the UK for this reason (as well as many other reasons). This decision has not been made lightly, but Australia is not offering us what we want at the moment. As I said every one is different.

Thanks,

Clara

I find Australia exciting I mean you can bodyboard down the beach and go trekking in the bush, as well as the fantastic lifestyle. I went back to London recently and honestly found it pretty depressing. But each to their own.

I find Australia exciting I mean you can bodyboard down the beach and go trekking in the bush, as well as the fantastic lifestyle. I went back to London recently and honestly found it pretty depressing. But each to their own.

As you said each to their own.

From a career perspective (and lifestyle) England is for us.