Work experience

johay0403

Hi All not been on here for a while, we tried last year with my hubbies skills but stopped as he has nothing down on paper and has been self taut since school. (Builder/double glazing)

This time it will be me hopefully to try and get my family out to Oz but having to wait for 12 months in my current job as they require 2 years on the job in the past 5 years. Unfortunately the job that's on the CSOL list I was made redundant in 2008 and started in the same industry again last march. I missed out by a whisker!!

Now I've got that impatient wait for 12 months and in the meantime hoping and praying they don't wipe off the list totally.

anybody else in this situation ??

Jo

Sorry Rupert was it that garbled? Lol

i started a job in march last year that's on the CSOL list but because I was made redundant the last time I worked in the real estate business in 2008 I'm having to work another 12 months before trying for a visa.

So so looking to go as a real estate sales person.

Or still in the meantime look for my husband for sponsorship but very unlikely.

I still do not understand the relevance of 12 months. Getting a visa depends upon passing a points test, a skills assessment and being in a occupation on the SOL or CsOL and having a state sponsor if necessary. Have you looked into these things?

I would have thought your husband stands a better chance of getting a visa, not through sponsorship no, but as a skilled migrant. Have you properly looked into that, qualifications are not always necessary for trades.

Guest guest30085
Hi All not been on here for a while, we tried last year with my hubbies skills but stopped as he has nothing down on paper and has been self taut since school. (Builder/double glazing)

This time it will be me hopefully to try and get my family out to Oz but having to wait for 12 months in my current job as they require 2 years on the job in the past 5 years. Unfortunately the job that's on the CSOL list I was made redundant in 2008 and started in the same industry again last march. I missed out by a whisker!!

Now I've got that impatient wait for 12 months and in the meantime hoping and praying they don't wipe off the list totally.

anybody else in this situation ??

Jo

Hi Jo

Estate Agent is assessed by Vetassess, so depending on which qualifications you have and at what level they are, then you may only require one years experience which you have? If you have a qualification equivalent to a Certificate IV in a relevant subject (which is around HNC I believe, but that would need clarification probably through a migration agent (ensure MARA registered and a lot will give a free initial assessment) or if your qualification is equivalent to a Cert IV but not related to your occupation then you would need two years work experience. Do you have any qualifications which are above A level? I don't know if any of the states are sponsoring for your occupation, but you would need state or employer sponsorship by the looks of it.

Your occupation is in category D

http://www.vetassess.com.au/migrate_to_australia/qa2_nominating_occupation.cfm

Archived