My remaining options - please advise

pompeychimes

Hi all

Please excuse me if my knowledge isn’t great about the new migration processes but I would be grateful for some information as to what my remaining options are for PR in Oz.

I’m now 34 and am a Catering Manager/NVQ assessor and found a sponsor in WA about 2 years ago under RSMS. Our application struck problems as my sponsor couldn’t afford to pay me the market salary of the region. (He came under Margaret River region while the business was located in a very small town with far less tourists) and also he had to show that he’d been unable to fill the position with an Australian. ( he informed me that if he advertised he would undoubtedly be able to get someone at that point )

Anyway, so now I’m a little older and the migration process appears to have changed significantly. From my understanding, my remaining options are:

To lodge an EOI with the skillselect website.

To hopefully find a new sponsor/invitation

apply under the ENS 186 subclass.

Have I missed out any remaining options? I have previously paid out on migration agents and am going to have to go it alone this time so would appreciate your assistance.

Thanks in advance,

Have you exhausted skilled migration? What occupation do you think you could apply under? Hanging out for a 186 seems terribly hopeful, not many manage to get one of these with a new employer. That is why I think you should properly check out skilled migration.

Archived