Hi,

I am in perth, recently moved to australia with 489 visa. I am planning to get pregnant and give birth to a baby. but i heard as i am in 489 visa, i need to spent for medical on my own. do any one know cheap and best medical insurance provider, and what r the things do I need to check before taking an insurance? I think most of the companies give cover for the pregnancy after a year.

So

1) I want to know,the cheapest and best medical insurance provider to reduce the cost for my pregnancy checkups and delivery who giver immediate coverage.

Also I heard government deposit money for a new born child in Australia? is that true? and it is for whom? even this applicable for 489 visa holders?

and if I give birth with 489 visa will the child get citizenship immediately?

Thanks.

Do a search on 'health insurance temporary residents' and then compare prices and cover. You cannot use the same insurance as Australian citizens and PRs but most of the companies that citizens and PRs use also prove cover for temporary and provisional residents.

If your baby is born before you are granted PR, it will have no claim to Australian citizenship - it will only be a citizen of your country (and your partner's).

"Also I heard government deposit money for a new born child in Australia?" That is the Baby Bonus but 489 visa holders are not eligible.

Archived