EOI with 60 points for 261312 Developer Programmer

millholl

Hi guys, would really like your views on something.

I completed an Expression of Interest on 27th February with 60 points. I took the English test (EILTS) and got a score of Reading 9, Writing 7.5, Listening 8.5, Speaking 9. Because of the 7.5 in Writing, I only got 10 points when I was aiming for 20.

I understand for my occupation (261312 Developer Programmer) there is a lot of demand. I'm reading confusing stories about cut-off points and if I only have 60 points for this occupation I could be waiting several months for an invite to apply for Visa.

Does this sound true to anyone?

My skills assessment expires in May so I need to make some decisions about my next step. Is it likely that an invite will happen after May?

Cheers guys, my head is spinning a little on this one.

Even I am keen on knowing this ! I sail in the same boat too !

I have submitted an EOI with 60 points (189 visa) on 19th Feb 2014 and my occupation (ANZCO 233411, Electronics Engineer) has reached it's ceiling limit. The current cut-off for Software Professionals is 70 and for Electronics Engineers is 65 .

Given the present scenario, it is unlikely to get an invitation in the next couple of rounds. We will have to wait till the cut-off shows 60 points for our occupations.

Hi Millholl,

It's better if you take your IELTS test again, otherwise its a long wait.

Hi guys, would really like your views on something.

I completed an Expression of Interest on 27th February with 60 points. I took the English test (EILTS) and got a score of Reading 9, Writing 7.5, Listening 8.5, Speaking 9. Because of the 7.5 in Writing, I only got 10 points when I was aiming for 20.

I understand for my occupation (261312 Developer Programmer) there is a lot of demand. I'm reading confusing stories about cut-off points and if I only have 60 points for this occupation I could be waiting several months for an invite to apply for Visa.

Does this sound true to anyone?

My skills assessment expires in May so I need to make some decisions about my next step. Is it likely that an invite will happen after May?

Cheers guys, my head is spinning a little on this one.

Archived