No CASE Officer after 6 Months - 189 Visa?

dangargoyle

Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to everyone who got their Visas. I lodged an application for a Permanent resident visa (189) from Kenya in September 2013. I hoped to be allocated a case officer within 10 weeks after lodging the application. It is now over 6 Months since I lodged the application and I'm yet to receive any communication from your side. I keep logging into my ImmiAccount and notice that the status is always 'in Progress'. The account was last updated on September 2013.

I attached all required documents whose status are al showing either as 'received' or 'recommended'. This is quite a bit frustrating.

Anyone facing a similar problem?

:no:

Hi,

I think you need to give them a call.

Possible scenario is that your application is going through routine processing that does take months to finish.

Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to everyone who got their Visas. I lodged an application for a Permanent resident visa (189) from Kenya in September 2013. I hoped to be allocated a case officer within 10 weeks after lodging the application. It is now over 6 Months since I lodged the application and I'm yet to receive any communication from your side. I keep logging into my ImmiAccount and notice that the status is always 'in Progress'. The account was last updated on September 2013.

I attached all required documents whose status are al showing either as 'received' or 'recommended'. This is quite a bit frustrating.

Hello Everyone,

Case officers do not announce themselves, they only contact you if they want something. Perhaps you have a case officer that has everything they need from you at the moment. Your case could be going through security checking. No harm in sending an email though.

• 1 month later...

Ok. Found out in April 2014 that I had been allocated a case officer in Dec 2013. Apparently, I applied through an agent who did not inform me that I had a case officer. The CO has requested for Form 80 which I sent as at 20th April. Hoping for the best. Thanks all for your comments.

Guest guest30085

Best of luck, it is a very stressful wait, at least they've been in touch now, then hopefully you will hear something soon :)

Archived