practical test

paklaihung

Hi,any brickies got their practical test on 11th April.make contact ,if your like me Im dreading it.Why do they make you feel like your being pressurised into proving you can lay a brick and do your job you've done for yrs.Ive got to leave home at 5am to get there for 7.30.hope someone else is feeling the same as me.would be nice to make contact before we face the firing squad.These people could end our dreams.

Guest Tam-and-Andi
Hi,any brickies got their practical test on 11th April.make contact ,if your like me Im dreading it.Why do they make you feel like your being pressurised into proving you can lay a brick and do your job you've done for yrs.Ive got to leave home at 5am to get there for 7.30.hope someone else is feeling the same as me.would be nice to make contact before we face the firing squad.These people could end our dreams.

Hi, sorry not a brickie, but hubby is a joiner doing his practical test on Mon 7th April. Says he feels ok about it, but think keeping feelings to himself, as he knows it all down to him, just trying to keep positive, not go on too much about it. Bad you have to get up so early, but at least you don't have to travel nearly 300miles for it, thats how far away we are!!!! Totally agree about why should you have to prove yourself, its stupid, why make things so hard, when they need so many trades over there?

Anyway good luck for the 11th, but sure you will be fine, hope everything works out for you.

Andi.

Guest lilly mist

Plz keep us up to date on these tests...

My hub is a carpenter and we would be very interested to know just what it is you have to do in the test as i know he is freting about it..:wacko:

Good luck to you both...fingers and toes and all things crossed for you...

Be sure and let us know how you get on:smile:

Guest pirate willy

good luck bricky!! im a bricky and im hopfully trying to get on the june or july test!! yeah its a little worrying nothing worse than being under pressure at work!! thats when everything goes wrong!! Have you used a agent or did you do your first stage of vetasses on your own? also what tools are you planning on taking with you? youll be alright at least you got a couple of weeks to get in some extra practice lol

Hi Mate ,used overseas emigration.Had to get another agent as my first was www.migrationexpert.com.au everyone beware.They take your money and wait until a week before your deadlines sept 1st and oct asking for your paperwork..All my paperwork had to re done from scratch as it was all wrong and they never communicate with you,had to get everone of my ref redone and signed again.£1500 squid down the dunnie.Sent all my original paperwork over to overseas emigration in Glasgow all re done and sent in within 2wks top job.Will let you know how I go on in the test.Hope can help others who are bricking it on the day.Daz

Guest pirate willy

cheers dude! will be interesting to hear and see another post on here of the test!! so would you say its better to use a agent? is money well spent? thanks

Guest Tom the Pom

Don't worry about these practical tests!!!

They are there to sort out the chancers from the professionals.

If you know how to check your level and can lay a few bricks you're in!!!

:err: Seriously - They are easy and if you don't pass you don't deserve to get in!!!

Cheers Tom,have been in the building trade since leaving school in 84 and self employed since 89.Hopefully everything will be fine its the not knowing what to expect on the day.Will be a long day will let you know how I get on.Cheers mate.Daz

Guest fatpom
Don't worry about these practical tests!!!

They are there to sort out the chancers from the professionals.

If you know how to check your level and can lay a few bricks you're in!!!

:err: Seriously - They are easy and if you don't pass you don't deserve to get in!!!

Well said!

The trade test is nothing new, its been going on for many decades.

Guest Tam-and-Andi
Cheers Andi,Im only down the road then compared to you.Im in Staff,s .Wish him gud luck for Monday.Cheers Daz

Thanks, will do, you too.

Andi.

Guest jenny4nails

Good luck for 11th April mate, try not to worry about it, sounds like you have plenty of experience, I'm sure you'll be fine.

My OH has his practical on 14th April at Rossendale College, Lancashire, is that where your doing yours?

If so, I posted a thread on Sunday on here re. travelodge (6 miles away from college) having an easter special on their rooms, my OH has got a family room for £19! Like you said, it's an early start and a L-O-N-G day ahead of you, have you thought of staying over the night before? I'm sure you'd feel better with a good nights sleep and a clear head on the day of practical...rather than getting there stressed after a long drive up there (I can see you're in Stafford)...you know what our motorways are like...unpredictable...it'd be awful if you got delayed on the way up! Something to think about maybe.

Also, you know there are no lunch facilities on site don't you? Canteen is closed. My OH is taking a flask (making it in the travelodge) and taking some food with him too.

Best of luck to you, let us know how you get on.

Jenny

Guest englandfamily
Hi, sorry not a brickie, but hubby is a joiner doing his practical test on Mon 7th April. Says he feels ok about it, but think keeping feelings to himself, as he knows it all down to him, just trying to keep positive, not go on too much about it. Bad you have to get up so early, but at least you don't have to travel nearly 300miles for it, thats how far away we are!!!! Totally agree about why should you have to prove yourself, its stupid, why make things so hard, when they need so many trades over there?

Anyway good luck for the 11th, but sure you will be fine, hope everything works out for you.

Andi.

hi iam doing my carpentry on the 9th. got any idear what the test may be. been ask to bring all hand tools and some power tools. if i took all my tools i did a van.

Guest Tam-and-Andi
hi iam doing my carpentry on the 9th. got any idear what the test may be. been ask to bring all hand tools and some power tools. if i took all my tools i did a van.

Hi, I have just listed all the bits on carpenter on another thread called carpenter practical test, so if you put that in your search, or look for that one on todays posts I have listed all your answers there. If you have any problems though, just give me a shout and I will be more than happy to help if I can.

Good luck

Andi.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest the ozbunch

hi jenny

i am also a brickie,i missed the cut off for the april test,but hoping to get on the next one,i have been told its july!!!.could you or your husband please give me any info on what the test entailed.any info would be great.

thanks in advance

the ozbunch

Guest AndreanDaz

Hi There,

my oh is a brickie and has just been approved to do the practial assessment in July. Once you've done the test I would appreciate it if you could provide some info on what was expected etc.

Good luck with the test

Andrea

Guest deebbzz

hi

my OH is also doing his test on the 11th he is a joiner, he is also stressing even though he is experinced an been doing it since he was 16.i think it is because its all down to him and he doesnt want to let us down, even though he wont.

we are staying in the travelodge down the road in burnley the night b4 and the night after so he can rest instead of travelling early hours of the morning as we live in durham near newcastle.

good luck on friday

he will see you then.

Guest jamer

alright mate im a brickie doing my test on the 11th april not looking forward to it.im staying up there thurs night i live down south about a 4 hour drive. j

Archived