ABN????

Guest Bet

I have been looking through various website for position for myself and also my partner (bricklayer) on most of the adverts for Marks job they are requesting residency - which isn't a prob got that, but they also need application to have an ABN number, what the hect is this????

Any help or advice which will be needed by a british self employed brickie moving to Auz in Feb 2006, to make it easier for him to find work on his arrival, very very much appreciated.

Bet

I like you style, but hey hes got me so the interest in pretty girls is already filled. Thanks for providing me with the website, although it was pretty full indepth. Let me just check that I have got it straight in my head, I assume that with Mark being a brickie and will probably be working for numerous contractors etc throughout a year, he needs to have an ABN number to allow deduction of relevant tax from his monies paid by contractor and then they will forward this money direct to be credited against his IBN number, meaning that at the end of the year when mark will be requred to complete a tax return, what has been credited to his indiviual ABN number should be sufficient to cover tax cost. I have maybe got this completly wrong. This is how it is done in the UK mark has to have a relevant tax card, which all self employed contractors have to have to work on site, and then each week the contractor (though not his employer) forward tax deduction on his behalf???? Generally mean at the end of tax year, marks tax allowance will be taken into consider, amount paid and then he will have to pay any outstanding,,,,,

God it took me enough time getting to grips with the tax man in the UK and now it is all changing, will probably all fall into place upon arrival but want to ensure got a good idea of what will happen.

Bet

i cant talk for any other state , but in queensland ,,, if you are a contractor U must have a BSA licence (Building services authority) and a Blue card ( 1st aid) and also pays to be a member of MBA ( master builders ) its like a union that works any legal issues that u may have. Then also u need a ABN to work , u have to register for GST if you earn over 50K/year, this is to pay and collect goods and services tax ( 10 %)

The ABN is to register yourself to get all of the above

because ur hubby is set for the chicks bring me some LOL

brickies here work on a per mtr or hourly rate, per mtr is a better way if hes good as u can walk away with over 1500 $ per week easy peasy

ps i want a 2000 mini sports pack please

Archived