Child Visa!

Tanner76

We are applying for out babies visa as she was born after the visa was granted. I'm thinking of applying for the Offshore visa but I was wondering this:

If the visa isn't granted by the time we leave can we take the baby over on a tourist visa?

Do we have to be out of the country when the visa is granted or can the visa be granted when we are there and then arrange a trip to NZ to leave the country and return to activate the visa?

Thanks for your help!

We are applying for out babies visa as she was born after the visa was granted. I'm thinking of applying for the Offshore visa but I was wondering this:

If the visa isn't granted by the time we leave can we take the baby over on a tourist visa?

Do we have to be out of the country when the visa is granted or can the visa be granted when we are there and then arrange a trip to NZ to leave the country and return to activate the visa?

Thanks for your help!

Which subclass of visa do you hold?

You would lose the visa and would have to reapply from scratch (and pay again).

Thanks for your reply. Further investigation of posts on this site indicates that the CO gives you a windows of opportunity to leave the country while the visa is granted. Still waiting to find out if this is gospel.

Thanks for your reply. Further investigation of posts on this site indicates that the CO gives you a windows of opportunity to leave the country while the visa is granted. Still waiting to find out if this is gospel.

That is gospel provided your CO knows you are onshore in Australia. They send you a pre-grant notification after the visa has been processed but before it is granted to enable you to go offshore for the visa grant. You only need to go offshore for a few days - most people nip across to NZ.

Archived