WA criteria changes for State Nominaiton

Kermitfrog

Hi all,

has anyone else looked at the changes WA have made regarding state nominations on the immi website . I've had a quick look through and it looks like jobs on schedule 2, 190 visas now require you to have an offer of employment? My profession is on Schedule 1 however whereas the rule applies to Schedule 2 jobs? Doesn't mention about Schedule 1 ? Just waiting to hear for my agent but didn't know if anyone else could clarify? Couldn't see what other changes have been made?

thanks in advance.....been so nervous that the changes would put a stop to our dream

Guest guest30085

Schedule 1 and 2 was there before these changes released today. From how I've read it ALL applicants for 190 visas are subject to the new criteria:-

IELTS of 6 or over (unless from an English speaking country included on the list) or if have a professional occupation then all 7s or over.

One years Australian work experience or three years over seas work experience

Nominate WA (or any state?) on expression of interest

Proof of funds for three months

The only difference between schedule 1 and 2 is that for occupations on schedule 2 need a 12 month offer of employment in a relevant occupation.

Guest guest30085
Thanks Adonai, I think it means in my case then nothing has changed.?

How I read it is even if on schedule 1 you need to meet the criteria of

english test score (unless have passport from UK, canada etc), but I'm not clear on whether the 7s are required if nominating a professional occupation, have 3 years overseas work exp and proof of funds for three months.

Your agent will confirm to you, I'm only going off how I've read it.

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/SiteCollectionDocuments/skilled_migration_criteria_2013-2014%20(4).pdf

Guest guest30085
I have the 3years exp, funds and ielts score of 8 and over so should be ok....fingies crossed!

Great :)

Im no expert though, so wait for your agents confirmation

when we filled out the state nomination application a few months ago we had to write a figure over $40000 for our family of four, it wouldn't let you proceed to the next page unless you had that minimum amount down. We never had to show evidence but it sounds like thd new criteria is asking for evidence now.

Guest guest30085

Mine was $20000 for one adult and one child. So I think it's 15000 per adult and 5000 per child. I can't remember if it stated an amount for a certain period of time. But with the new regs it's enough for three months, whether it's based on the same figures I'm unsure.

Archived