Can I add someone to my visa when permanent residency has been granted?

Chall77

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question but if someone could confirm the answer then I would be most grateful. I now have a girlfriend who can qualify for residency but this would be an option to explore and I'd really like to know if I could ask to have her added or would I need to start the whole process again?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Chall.

Is it as straight forward as that? We have been together but not for a while and both traveled extensively but often separately. Do you know what visa code this would be please?

With this statement it doesn't sound that you would qualify for the partner visa as you need to show you are in defacto relationship - with evidence such as joint mortgage/tenancy agreements, joint liabilities, joint accounts, bills going to same address, wills each other as beneficiaries. There is not much weight if any placed on photos etc.

If you don't meet the 12 month defacto relationship requirement, there is the prospective marriage visa.

With this statement it doesn't sound that you would qualify for the partner visa as you need to show you are in defacto relationship - with evidence such as joint mortgage/tenancy agreements, joint liabilities, joint accounts, bills going to same address, wills each other as beneficiaries. There is not much weight if any placed on photos etc.

If you don't meet the 12 month defacto relationship requirement, there is the prospective marriage visa.

Thank you very much Lebourvellec! We've got a lot to think about and I can imagine it won't be straight forward!

All the best!

Archived