State nomination advice Northern Territory

traceylove54

Need a bit of advice - have been looking and learning on PerthPoms for the last few weeks trying to work out our options re a 190 visa application. We are at the advice stage and the agent tells us points aren't an issue for my OH he's a hr advisor with plus 15 years experience and a masters degree. We can't go for WA as HR advisor is a schedule 2 occupation on their list ATM and we won't get a visa without a job and we're unlikely to get a job without a visa- chicken and egg. So today it transpires that our only option in Northern Territory?! I know nothing about NT?! We have visited perth, melbourne and sydney we have a vague insight into what it would be like to live in any of those places, we decided on perth as we felt it best suited our lives (young kids 10&6 beaches outdoor life etc) but we have never visited Darwin!!

I know it's only a moral obligation to live in NT if we are granted a visa but what is life really going to like if we end up in NT??

Can anyone offer any advice??

T

I also never been to nt. But i did apply for nt ss. So what i know is also basically what i read from the websites. Its a tropical city. Very nice in dry season but can be challenging during the wet.

Darwin population only around 200k .

• 1 month later...
I am abou to ask for nomination to NT. Do you know how long does they take to give an answer?Thank you very much.

Last December it took about 2 weeks for them to process the state sponsorship application. I don't know nowadays cause it can vary depending on how many invitations they got left. But I think you shud still try....

• 4 weeks later...

Archived