Renewing a UK passport in OZ

darrenstewart77

Apologies if this has been posted before - I looked but couldn't find an answer.

I need to renew my red UK passport as I'm travelling home from Sydney to UK soon. Can I apply online, get the passport sent to my parents in the UK who'll then send it to Sydney for me? Or, do I have to just bite the bullet and apply as an overseas UK resident, and pay the extra 70 odd quid to have it sent to me in Oz?

Cheers.

you can do it online now here -> https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports I just did it for my daughter and sent it registered post to the UK, they will courier it back to you direct, you specifically have to pay extra for that. You can send your application express post, details here http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/express-post-international.html

Not sure about applying and get it sent to someone in the UK, can't imagine their would be a problem.

I applied for my daughter's passport as an overseas citizen online 4 and half weeks ago, I rung them yesterday to get an update on the status on the application, and it is still waiting to be looked at:mad:.

I'm due to fly to the UK in 4 weeks, and hoping they pull their finger out and get them back to me ASAP but I'm not holding out much hope :skeptical:.

I wish I had sent them to family and had them posted to me, Fortunately we have our citizenship ceremony on 6th March so they will still be able to travel on our Aussie passports if need be....

So basically if your not planning on traveling in the near future go the proper route, if you plan to travel soonish, I'd get them sent to family!

Thanks arrumac. I know I can apply online for an overseas passport - my question is can I apply for one and not say I'm overseas, and get it sent to an address in the UK?

Yes you can, it is cheaper that way.

They will ask for a signature.

Worked from Spain last year.

Edited by Wildrover