EOI radiographer timescale

clairejs83

Looking forward to seeing you all on the group [emoji3] I'm in the main site and poms wanting Brisbane under Julie brown.

We submitted our visa on the 5th Nov, no case officer just straight to approved on Monday!

Sophie are you diagnostic or therapy? I'm finding there are not so many therapy jobs compared to diagnostic bit like the UK really.

Good luck Owen, it won't be long now!

Claire where are you based in the UK? We have meet ups from the poms group. I'm based in East anglia and I think a group meet up near Manchester.

Jx

Thanks for your replies. I'll keep my eye on seek and have a look at the agencies on there. Its most likely that i'll be the only one working when we first move so need to make sure i'll be earning enough. I'm diagnostic JulesRT. Its so exciting to hear that you are all getting so close to moving. Makes me confident that that will be us in your situations soon. Good luck with the final steps. Hope i get to hear how you get on when you finally make the move.

Gill

Jules RT wow that was quick, maybe you got a case officer but he looked through it all and approved it straight away :)

did you do your health checks prior to applying? And upload all the documents they require onto the Immi account??

We did our health checks before applying and have sent off for police checks, on our application it says for us to wait for them to contact us but we can upload all the documents if we want to, I think maybe when the police check comes back I will just upload it all then they have it if they need it then, maybe it will speed things up

Owen2k - we didn't wait for a case officer just went for our Medicals and sent off our police checks. Just be careful that you have 12 months to enter OZ to validate your visa from the date of your police checks or medical. I'm not sure which as ours were within a day of each other! That's why we possibly didn't see case officer on our immi account as like you said everything was there so it was looked through and approved straight away. Good luck Jx

Claire,, we had a few offers from different parts of Australia but. decided on Perth. we applied through the agencies or direct to the employers where they had advertised their contact details on seek, as they were looking to fill a vacancy they all offered us a 457, but we decided to go the PR visa route as we have a young daughter and would like the added security, also in WA they are starting to charge school fees for those on a 457 visa so a PR visa works out cheaper in the long run, just got to hope everything goes well with the Visa

I also remember reading that by law they have to offer the job to someone with suitable qualifications & experience with citizenship or a visa in place before offering it to someone requiring a 457 or who does not yet have a visa in place even if you are better qualified/experienced, I think only if it has been advertised for so long without suitable candidates can they offer it to someone requiring a visa. I'm sure once you've got your Visa you'll find a Job in no time, good luck, 2015 the year of new beginings ?

• 2 weeks later...

I sent it off on the 10th April & received the cert in 8th Sept! They got back to me 3 x because of my CPD. I was off for 1 year of the 3 years and they kept asking me for evidence. I was off because my parents had died 10 days apart, I had to send in their death Certs in the end! I guess some people do try it. You should be fine as long as you have done some CPD. I sent it over electronically as a web folia.

That's not too bad. I have been on maternity leave twice in the past 3 years so that's why i'm worried. I'm bumping it out with reflections on how I coped going back to work post maternity leave with the changes that had occurred. I also read journals whilst on maternity leave so i'm writing up some of them. I think i'm slightly concerned as no-one has ever looked over my CPD so never 100% I am doing it correctly and what standard they actually require.

Thanks for the quick response Jules and I hope you get your invitation soon.

Archived