Skilled independent visa - request for evidence of employment

4forAdventure

Hello, I am new to this forum but it seems like a great place to meet people and chat through any worries so I am hoping someone might have had a similar request or some advice re the following.

We are applying for a skilled independent visa (Accountant) and have been asked by our case officer to provide evidence of employment for the claimed period through "payslips covering the period of claimed work experience; bank statements showing payment of salaries into personal bank accounts; taxation documents".

The employment timeframe spans close to 10 years and unfortunately we haven't kept a lot this kind of paperwork. The current job we can provide everything. Before that we lived overseas in a tax free jurisdiction of which the bank account had to be closed when we left as part of their tax rules. They do still potentially have our records in the archive and I could request a copy of say 2 bank statements showing the payment of salaries from each of the two jobs we had out there. Do you think one payslip, bank statement and taxation type document for each job across the timeframe is sufficient? We have already uploaded reference letters - it is unrealistic I can obtain copies for every month of bank statements or payslips from the last 10 years and seems a lot to upload but I'm clearly nervous as I want to provide everything I can to receive a positive outcome.

The tax office said they can produce some kind of letter stating salaries/tax paid over the years so hopefully that should cover the UK jobs and luckily our UK bank has 8 years of archives so I could again request one bank statement showing the salary received towards the end of period of first job.

Am I doing enough?

Any suggestions welcome.

Hello lebourvellec. thank you you for your message. Yes I realise they could decline our application which is why I'm finding this quite stressful and want to ensure I can provide them with everything I can. No we are not using a migration expert, just trying to do it ourselves. So far it has been relatively pain free, it's just I don't have tonnes of historical paperwork so it's a case of requesting it from the companies and putting your faith in their hands to locate it whilst trying to second guess exactly how much detail the CO wants to see. I read somewhere to provide every other month of payslips for the last year and quarterly prior to that which is the basis I'm working on at the moment and hoping that will be sufficient along with everything else.

Archived