Early Childhood Teacher- skills recognition

DilEmma Hennigan

:no:Hi, I was just looking for some advice regarding Australian qualification recognition for Early Childhood Teachers.

I am currently qualified in nvq lvl 2&3 childcare. However I'm hoping to become an early childhood teacher.

I have two course options, BA Hons Early Childhood Education leading to QTS (3 year course)

Or alternatively, BA Hons Early Childhood Studies (3 years) and a PGCE Early Childhood Education together totalling 4 years study.

I am not the main visa applicant and will be newly qualified at the time of the move.

Any advice on my best option for recognition as an Early Childhood Teacher in Australia?

We are currently considering Adelaide and Perth.

Thanks in advance x

:no:Hi, I was just looking for some advice regarding Australian qualification recognition for Early Childhood Teachers.

I am currently qualified in nvq lvl 2&3 childcare. However I'm hoping to become an early childhood teacher.

I have two course options, BA Hons Early Childhood Education leading to QTS (3 year course)

Or alternatively, BA Hons Early Childhood Studies (3 years) and a PGCE Early Childhood Education together totalling 4 years study.

I am not the main visa applicant and will be newly qualified at the time of the move.

Any advice on my best option for recognition as an Early Childhood Teacher in Australia?

We are currently considering Adelaide and Perth.

Thanks in advance x

Hi from what I understand you must do the 4 year option, of three years degree with Hons followed by 1 year PGCE and must be through a university not a school based training option. You then get your qualifications assessed by the teaching board of the state you are going to reside/work in. I hope that helps.

Probably the four year option.

Have a look at the acecqa website

http://acecqa.gov.au/educators-and-providers1/qualifications

ACECQA is a national body that guides Early Years Services

I don't think they list overseas qualifications you would need to get your qualification assessed.

if I was you I would try and ring their info line and talk to someone. Hopefully you will get someone who knows what they are talking about.

I would also suggest speaking to someone from the teaching board for the state you are hoping to move to.

good luck with your studies :wubclub:

Archived