Parent contributory visa 143 - waiting time for acknowledgement

izzi1977

Apologies if there is already a thread on this. I have been helping my mum with her 143 visa application. We sent it in November 2013. I know it is a long process but am just wondering when you receive an acknowledgement? Should we have heard something by now?

Hi there, probably a bit longer to wait. We lodged our 143 in June 2013, had acknowledgement letter in August 2013. Have you checked to see if the first payment has been taken yet? Then you will at least know that the forms have been received by immi. It is a long and drawn out process, after a while you just go with the flow. This forum is great for info. Have a look at the thread The Brand New PIO Parent visa (not so new now, I have to say!!). All the best with your mum's application.

Hi there, probably a bit longer to wait. We lodged our 143 in June 2013, had acknowledgement letter in August 2013. Have you checked to see if the first payment has been taken yet? Then you will at least know that the forms have been received by immi. It is a long and drawn out process, after a while you just go with the flow. This forum is great for info. Have a look at the thread The Brand New PIO Parent visa (not so new now, I have to say!!). All the best with your mum's application.

Thank you! Payment was taken within a week of them receiving it. Mum is just quite anxious as I am sure you understand. What sort of thing does the acknowledgement letter tell you?

Hello Izzi1977. Well at least you know that the process has begun. The acknowledgement letter has a lot information on how to proceed with various dates. With ours we were required to complete the dreaded form 80 for each applicant. This can be quite a challenging task, particularly if you are getting on a bit (like we are). So it is a good thing that it is now being requested earlier rather than later, as it used to be. We have been finding that immi change the way they do things, so your mum's might not necessarily follow the same path. Just keep hanging in there, like most of us on here are!!