189 visa points.

jilmil

Hello everyone,:rolleyes:

I have the following points i need to clear before I apply for 189.

I could not find a contact email with immi and therefore will have to seek help from you guys.

I have got general registration with AHPRA and will like to apply for 189 visa. I need to be clear on the following before I apply. Please advice on the following.

1) Is there a minimum validity period for passport when you apply a 189 visa. My passport is valid till 14 August 2014 and I plan to apply for 189 visa in March 2014. It will be valid for less than six months.

2) If I apply for renewal of my passport with the Embassy now, my passport will be still current till I get a new. Can I apply for the 189 visa with my current passport, while its renewal is in process and the original with the High commission?

3) Will we need original passports for health checks. I do not have driving licence. I have a copy of my passport attached by JP.

4) How to claim points for work experience.

I understand that for work experience from Australia we need a paper from the hospital. How to claim points for past experience, outside Australia. Is it a CV.

5) How to claim points for wife. My wife is a doctor (same profession as we) and studied in a WHO recognized medical school, which is also recognized by Australia. She has an IELTS score of 7. She is yet to give her Australian medical council exams. Can I claim 5 point for her?

8) I understand the fees for 189 and 190 is same. Are there different processing times for them. For 190 there is a period of 2 years you need to work in WA. Does it start after one gets the visa or the time already spent in WA is subtracted?

9) Lastly, our baby is investigated for and urinary tract anomaly. If they find anything, will that be an obstacle for PR.

Your sincere advise will be highly appreciated.

Cheers!:wub:

Guest Ryan the wizard of oz

Good afternoon,

Really good questions:

I will answer those that I am certain on.

4. A CV isn't sufficient to evidence work experience from the UK; you need to show this with documents such as: contract from your employer & pay slips are good.

5. It's great that your wife has got a 7 in the IELTS (the 7 needs to be in each band, not an overall score of 7 *just in case*) to claim 5 pts for her she would need to complete a skills assessment as well.

6. The fees for these two visas are the same because they both entitle you to pretty much the same thing. Even with the statement of living in the sponsoring state for 2 years isn't something you MUST do to get citizenship. There are many people who haven't lived in the sponsoring state and had a successful application for citizenship. However the processing time for a 190 is slightly quicker then a 189.

7. The medical condition of your little could effect the case if 1. It's contagious or 2. Will it cost the Oz government a lot of money for regular treatment. (This is my understanding.)

I'm sorry I haven't answered questions regarding documentation as I'm not 100% certain.

Kind regards