Wollongong NSW

BestyBlue

Hey,

I've just been offered a Skype interview for a job in Wollongong with sponsorship under a 457. I've had a look on the web and it looks nice, just rather sleepy.

Is there anyone who lives there or who has been there that can give me their opinions of the place? I don't want to accept just anything as a means to get into Oz knowing that I'll be stuck there for a few years :)

Thanks

Hiya!

I moved there in 2009 after meeting a commodity trader in HK who lived there.

She was really positive about the place so I thought I'd give it a go.

I found it to be too industrial for my liking. The work situation wasn't great and neither were the beaches, I therefore decided that "The Gong" was.

People were incredibly friendly though!

T

Hello,

I lived in wgong for 3.5 yrs.... It's very small, the city center is just like few blocks

But I enjoy it though. If you like quiet, peaceful place and not aftering wild night life, i think it shud be fine....

Hey,

I've just been offered a Skype interview for a job in Wollongong with sponsorship under a 457. I've had a look on the web and it looks nice, just rather sleepy.

Is there anyone who lives there or who has been there that can give me their opinions of the place? I don't want to accept just anything as a means to get into Oz knowing that I'll be stuck there for a few years :)

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Archived