Tiler Visa

katys158

Hello

Myself & my husband are looking to emmigrate with our daughter who is 2.

My husband is a floor & wall tiler so he is looking for a sponsored visa.

How do we go about finding a job for him in OZ and a company who would be willing to sponsor him?

We want to go to WA as we already have family over there.

Any help would be appreciated :-)

Firstly you should understand that employer sponsored visas are typically not permanent and should not be considered as emigrating. Also it is pretty hard to secure sponsorship, especially in the trades and there is nothing else for it but to trawl the Internet looking for and applying for jobs.

Before going down that path, I would exhaust the much better option of skilled migration. I note that tiler is on the CSOL, which means that if any of the states are sponsoring you might get a skilled migration visa, that is what I would be doing next - looking at the state sponsorship lists.

Guest Ryan the wizard of oz
Hello

Myself & my husband are looking to emmigrate with our daughter who is 2.

My husband is a floor & wall tiler so he is looking for a sponsored visa.

How do we go about finding a job for him in OZ and a company who would be willing to sponsor him?

We want to go to WA as we already have family over there.

Any help would be appreciated :-)

May I ask why you're trying to go down the 457 work permit route? This is perhaps an ok option for a single person with not much responsibilities but for a family to go to the other side of the world without permanent residency or the assurance of permanent residency is very risky. Also it's extremely unlikely that an Australian employer will consider someone from the UK without any evidence that they're eligible to work in their country.

Your husband has an occupation on the skills list, that's your best route in. The 190 or 489 visa.

Kind regards

Archived