Visa lodged, when to do medicals etc?

Wen66

Finally with 190 Visa lodged 1st Feb 2014..woohoo...

When do we book medicals and police checks? Should our agent do this or do we do it independently?

I assume our agent will, no doubt, grace us with her infinite wisdom but i need to be sure.

x

I've decided to arrange mine so they are front loaded (uploaded before CO has been appointed). Others wait for the CO to direct them. Ask you agent what their preference is. I was told (on PIO) PCC's and Medicals are always required for PR Visas, so I went ahead, and got them arranged as soon as I lodged.

Most agents Ive seen prefer clients to wait until contacted by a CO.

Ask your agent what he would prefer - Police checks take about 14 days to come back - medicals generally can get appointments quickly.

Remember it is the earliest date of medicals or police checks that is used for validating your visas, doing them too early will just reduce the time you have to make first entry to Australia.

Personally we waited until we had CO to do them least we had their contact details if needed, as if front load CO generally will not contact if no further niformation is required then you are in limbo not knowing what is happening and who to contact. We got out visa granted 4 weeks after CO contact us requesting medicals and police checks, so had just over 11 months to validate visas.

Most agents Ive seen prefer clients to wait until contacted by a CO.

Ask your agent what he would prefer - Police checks take about 14 days to come back - medicals generally can get appointments quickly.

Remember it is the earliest date of medicals or police checks that is used for validating your visas, doing them too early will just reduce the time you have to make first entry to Australia.

Personally we waited until we had CO to do them least we had their contact details if needed, as if front load CO generally will not contact if no further niformation is required then you are in limbo not knowing what is happening and who to contact. We got out visa granted 4 weeks after CO contact us requesting medicals and police checks, so had just over 11 months to validate visas.

It is this reason I am withholding the Thai police checks until I am asked...These take about 7 - 10 days to complete and I am hoping that, that is all they will ask for and then I have contact. The issue I have is the only panel physicians are in Phuket or Bangkok. I can also only arrange my medicals out of school hours (teacher). This would mean, if I got a CO in 3/4 weeks and they asked for Meds - I know I'd have t wait for another 7 weeks before the next holidays (my school just does not allow time off AND there are two of us)

Like lebourvellec says, your validation date is determined based on meds/PCC - luckily we are VERY keen to go this July if all goes well - no issues with dates etc

We've informed by our agent via email..to wait until the CO is assigned and they ask for them. Is this the norm?

If only they would lift the phone and explain, instead of sending short abrupt emails, I might understand........

We don't mind waiting, if that's their proceeedure:biggrin:

Archived