A concerning Proposal

Tina2

No I do not agree with it, because the State system has many schools with different demographics and different types of students. They all need to be funded properly and with this type of thing you are going to see more elitist type schools and others that are suffering. The government needs to remember that not all State schools are equal in that a lot have run down buildings and need to be completely rebuilt or replaced. Therefore these poorer schools are behind the eight ball before they even start.

This government is against public health, public schooling and welcome to the American way, why people could not see the writing on the wall I don't know. Its alright when we are alright Jack, but when the chips are down and we are not alright we like to think that we have some level of support to fall back on.

For some reason they hate anything that tax payers have to pay for, perhaps that is because they are useless at making their mates pay their taxes.

This makes me very disappointed and no wonder we are going backwards, no infrastructure, no schools and no aged care, no health welcome to the liberal world

Will be interesting to see members thoughts on this idea.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-03/pyne-plan-for-independent-schools-under-fire/5234536

Have seen it work well in at least one school but seen it cause distention in another school where the Principle rules and staff concerns are dismissed.

It shouldn't make any difference to the relationship between teachers and principals. It could just be the Principal at that school was an idiot. It gives the school more control over their own budget and the hiring of staff. They still have to abide by the Education Act.

No I do not agree with it, because the State system has many schools with different demographics and different types of students. They all need to be funded properly and with this type of thing you are going to see more elitist type schools and others that are suffering. The government needs to remember that not all State schools are equal in that a lot have run down buildings and need to be completely rebuilt or replaced. Therefore these poorer schools are behind the eight ball before they even start.

This government is against public health, public schooling and welcome to the American way, why people could not see the writing on the wall I don't know. Its alright when we are alright Jack, but when the chips are down and we are not alright we like to think that we have some level of support to fall back on.

For some reason they hate anything that tax payers have to pay for, perhaps that is because they are useless at making their mates pay their taxes.

This makes me very disappointed and no wonder we are going backwards, no infrastructure, no schools and no aged care, no health welcome to the liberal world

They still get the same funding but the individual schools have more control over how to spend it. For instance in an area that is lower on the socioeconomic scale the school may feel the need to spend more money on a school psychologist or programmes to deal with the issues that occur at schools like that. Under the old system in WA if there was a surplus in budget it had to be handed back to the DET, an Independent public school is able to save that money or spend on something that ordinarily they may not have been able to afford.

It shouldn't make any difference to the relationship between teachers and principals. It could just be the Principal at that school was an idiot. It gives the school more control over their own budget and the hiring of staff. They still have to abide by the Education Act.

Thats my concern, will the education act get changed as part of this change ? I totally disagreed with the disbandening of "special" schools, a hand full of those special children can cope in the public system but many struggle with limited resources and many disrupt the class. Again a cost cutting measure, hidden by saying its what those children parents wanted, and it will be better for them. I think this proposal is a concern, will be watching to see how all this pans out.

Archived