Leaving New Zealand for Oz

nosher01

Hi Everyone. Just joined the site and are currently in the process of looking into moving from New Zealand to Oz. We have New Zealand Citizenship but consider Oz a better place with more opportunities. We currently have three daughters living in Oz and are wanting to relocate to the Gold Coast area. Any help would be gratefully received. Have been getting quotes etc. for furniture and pet relocation and are looking at rentals at the moment which is proving a little difficult.

Thanks

Nosher

I understand that you would have to independently qualify for an australian visa if you only have NZ permanent residence. How long until you become citizens in NZ? Once you are a citizen you can freely move to Aus as long as you meet the character test for the special category visa (from vague memory it might be 444).

Hi Petals

Yes Will be enlisting the help of one daughter who lives on the Gold Coast as the other two in Perth. Hoping to find one soon as then can hand notice in at work and get the removal company to relocate furniture once we have that physical address.:biggrin:

Hi dxboz

Been looking through the visas and it seems to be mind boggling..Although after 20 yrs working in uk and never claimed any benefits I think I need to look into the sickness benefit or look at private healthcare.

cheers

Nosher

Archived