New ACS Rule

sanakhan

Hello,

I have a question regarding the new "Australian Computer Society" rule which came into effect on Jan 15 2014.

It states as:

"Applicants with an Australian study component that are applying for a subclass 485 visa will be assessed on the Australian qualification only, based on the completion of the relevant Australian Bachelor degree or higher."

Can an applicant with a positive skills assessment from ACS before Jan 15 2014, apply for a subclass 485 visa based on Australian qualification but less than Bachelor's degree ?

(i.e. Any Diploma or Advance Diploma with substantial experience in the IT field).

OR

Does this rule applies to the previously positively assessed candidates too ?

(Note: if they have a qualification NOT equivalent or higher than Bachelor's degree)

Thanks

Sana

Hello,

I have a question regarding the new "Australian Computer Society" rule which came into effect on Jan 15 2014.

It states as:

"Applicants with an Australian study component that are applying for a subclass 485 visa will be assessed on the Australian qualification only, based on the completion of the relevant Australian Bachelor degree or higher."

Can an applicant with a positive skills assessment from ACS before Jan 15 2014, apply for a subclass 485 visa based on Australian qualification but less than Bachelor's degree ?

(i.e. Any Diploma or Advance Diploma with substantial experience in the IT field).

OR

Does this rule applies to the previously positively assessed candidates too ?

(Note: if they have a qualification NOT equivalent or higher than Bachelor's degree)

Thanks

Sana

Look up Regulation 1.15F and the applicable sub regulations.

Archived