Jump to content



Recommended Posts


I am wondering what the most economical way of taking out insurance. I'm going to Oz next week on a working holiday visa but I want to stay in Sydney and get a job to potentially get sponsored. Am I best off taking out travel insurance for a year or is there some kind I insurance I can get out there, like contents and health insurance or something. What is best?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just want to mention if you get travel insurance be very vigilant of the ts and cs of a travel policy to make sure you are covered- some will cover you for a year but if your stay is open-ended you may not be covered so double check with them. When I went out with my son who was technically a tourist as were waiting for a child visa to come through we got him a visitor health policy via Medicare. Have a good trip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...