Resident Return Visa

dor34

[TABLE=class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt1, bgcolor: #F9F9F9]Hi,

I'm looking for some information on a RRV for my eldest daughter. A bit of background info: Myself my husband and 3 daughters moved to Perth in 2008 as permanent residents. We stayed for 8 months and returned to Ireland for a year. We returned to Perth in 2010 however my eldest daughter stayed in Ireland to finish her education. She then came to Perth in 2011 but only stayed for a year as she missed friends and her boyfriend in Ireland. In the meantime the rest of us got our Australian citizenship.

We left Perth 8 months ago and moved back to Ireland as we had some personal issues to deal with here. We plan on going back to Perth around June and as 4 of us have citizenship it is not an issue. However my eldest daughter's permanent resident visa expired in Jan 2013 so we are wondering is it possible that she would be granted a RRV to go back to Perth?

Sorry for the long winded post but just wanted to give as much info as possible in the hope that someone here might be able to help.

Thanks,

Dor

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt2, bgcolor: #F9F9F9]user_online.gifreputation.gif report.gif

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I there!

i have been in your eldest daughters position over the years and yes I was lucky enough to get my renewed. When you fill in your resident return form it will give you chance to put a statement of why you have let it expired. Just be honest with them and say for personal reason she came back but she now realises Australia is the place where she wants to settle, plus she has the bonus of having you guys there. I had to put my parents passport details down, so they could check them to.

But what ever she does don't apply for a years working visa until she she has tried that option, as I nearly did assuming they wouldn't re new my permeant residency. I got told buy immigration if I had of gone down that route first it would have wiped it clean as if I'd never had p.r if that makes sense.

I'm sure you will be fine.x

Guest MigrateAustralia

Hi Dor,

Your eldest daughter could look at applying for a Resident Return visa based on substantial ties to Australia (her Australian Citizen family members are a tie). She would only be considered for a 1 year RRV.

All the best to you and your family.

Kind regards,

Philip

She will need to prove "Compelling and Compassionate" reasons as to why she did not return and why she should be allowed to return. I think you have all of them and more to spare. Should not worry too much and just get applying to get back again.

We got our RRV after 25 years and are heading back in March.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree that your daughter will be able to show substantial ties to Australia with the rest of you moving back to Australia as citizens. She should initially be granted a 1 year RRV. When she then spends 2 years in Australia, she should be able to get the 5-year RRV. 2 years after that if she is still residing permanently in Australia she will probably be able to apply for her Australian citizenship (subject to meeting residence requirements during those 4 years).

Best of luck to you all with the move back to Australia!

Archived