Professional references

tina0101

Hubby is trying to register with the Queensland college of teachers.

Does anyone know what the professional references should say?

He has letters from his schools confirming the dates he was employed with them and the roles he had in these schools. Do these also count as the reference or is it something totally separate?

Hubby is trying to register with the Queensland college of teachers.

Does anyone know what the professional references should say?

He has letters from his schools confirming the dates he was employed with them and the roles he had in these schools. Do these also count as the reference or is it something totally separate?

Hold On, how is he planning to register with QLD TRB without PR status yet? (Guessing from your timeline you haven't got PR Visa yet?)

I am also a teacher and enquired via SA TRB amd you need to be a PR or have work visa first and have an Australian address?? So they said anyway.

In reference to your question, the above explained is a 'statement of employment' and not a 'reference'

Hi coolbreeze.

I'm Mrs Vanduex (he says hi as he tries to negotiate the M4 in the heavy rain!).

Different states have different rules. He's completed all the paperwork for Queensland and there's nothing in there about PR and there are sections that overseas teachers can fill in. The Brisbane office of Smart teachers told him to fill

it in and they are fully aware of where we are in the visa process. He is still going to ring them this week just to put his mind at rest.

Good luck with your CO

Hi coolbreeze.

I'm Mrs Vanduex (he says hi as he tries to negotiate the M4 in the heavy rain!).

Different states have different rules. He's completed all the paperwork for Queensland and there's nothing in there about PR and there are sections that overseas teachers can fill in. The Brisbane office of Smart teachers told him to fill

it in and they are fully aware of where we are in the visa process. He is still going to ring them this week just to put his mind at rest.

Good luck with your CO

Upon reading your post I have decided email the SA TRB now and see if I can register in advance. The original forms they sent me via pdf stated that I MUST have an Australian residence and be permitted to 'work' in Australia. However, I have asked if it possible to register with a foreign address for the time being.

I hope they are as good as the QLD TRB as it seems like another ball ache of a process and would love to start it now.

Thanks for the help!!! Say hi to Mr Vandeux for me :-)

Archived