What is the equivalent to your uk qualifications in Australia? And how do you find out.

geordiesarah

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how to find out what their uk qualifications are equivalent to in Australia?

I shall tell you what I mean...

I am a qualified gas engineer (gas fitter on the sol list) I have completed an apprenticeship whic included level 2 nvq in gas and I got my acs card, this was 3 years ago so now I can apply to get my skills assessed if that is the level they are asking for. After that I completed level 3 nvq, if they ask for the equivalent to level 3 then I will have to wait till July, as this would be 3 years after that was completed.

I am a bit confused! I tried the aqf website but no luck there.

I just thought I could get a quick answer on here if anyone else has been in a similar position.

Also, has anyone found all their qualifications don't fit on the form? Should I just add them separately?

And what do you do if you can't get your boss to sign all you copies of certificates etc? I don't really want to ask him as I won't be leaving for a year and it will make everything rather awkward at work!

Many thanks to you all