Trust Us!

Guest Nelson

Guest Nelson

If I didn't have complete faith in God, I would think the world was conspiring to stop us going! After a very bizarre weekend, when our buyers pulled out on the day of exchange (second time), we had no choice but to cancel our shipping order. Within half an hour, a wealthy friend had come to our rescue, bought the house, given us his word that it would be done and dusted with the legals and so on. (You might think we are mad - you are absolutely right!) We then had to painstakingly wait over the extended Bank Holiday weekend, to see if it would be possible to reinstate the shipping order. So, at 8am on Tuesday, not knowing whether we would be packing or not, John Mason (removals) rang to say there was a crew on standby.

I snapped up the offer and they arrived outside the house an hour (yes, 1 hour!) later, and spent Tuesday and Wednesday packing all our worldy goods and chattels. The container arrived on schedule at 1pm only to realise that a neighbour had parked stupidly and buggered off to Spain on holiday, thus blocking our access! We managed to negotiate with the local builders' yard and parked the container there. The removals men then had to load up one lorry and drive to the builders' yard to transfer the stuff. The container was inspected and, for the first time in the removers' 22 years of work, the container had to be rejected, because it did not appear to be water tight! The scheule was shot to pieces, another container ordered and the upshot of it all is that the builders' yard had to close and our stuff was transferred to the container in a lay-by about 3 miles from home!

However, the container's on it's way now and we can all breath a sigh of relief. Needless to say, we feel as if we've been once in the washing machine, long spun and pegged out to dry!

Sorry this is such a long post but I needed to write it down to believe it :!:

Guest jordan

Hi Krista what a week you've had it can only get better. We are worried about the container we live on a lane and wasn't sure what they would do with ours. Are the containers very wide?

Stacey xx

Krista how on earth have you stayed sane???? reading your post was like reading a statement of ''what is the worst that could happen?'' at least its on its way and you wont be far behind ,,good luck with everything else and dont forget theres always Prozac!!!!

luv

Cal x

Guest Nelson
Hi Krista what a week you've had it can only get better. We are worried about the container we live on a lane and wasn't sure what they would do with ours. Are the containers very wide?

Hi Stacy.. The containers are 8 foot wide! Ours was absolutely stuffed to the gunnells once the job was done.. You'd have been hard pressed to get another pair of socks in!!!

Guest spray21

Oh Krista! Poor you! But on the bright side, surely all the bad things that could happen to anyone have already happened to you - so life in Australia will have to be perfect! :)

Good Morning All!

Saturday 9th September and I am a guest at my sister's house because... YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I completed the house sale yesterday - in a record 8 working days - and the money's in the bank! I've got a fortnight to tie up the loose ends and hope to leave on 25th. Just waiting for flights to be confirmed!

Thanks to all who supported me through the most traumatic time of my life! Hopefully, we'll get to meet some of you Down Under!

Good luck to all those still waiting .. it'll be worth it in the end!

Cheers, from Krista

Guest spray21

Oh my god how exciting - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

:D

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a sale in under two months!!

You must be absolutely thrilled - I said it could only get better!

Best of luck for the 'loose-ends' - let us know what it's like when you get there!

• 2 months later...

Well done Krista

Glad to hear it all worked out in the end, great mate you've got there. Hope you settle in really quickly and have a great life in Oz

Jackie (happily living in Sydney Cornish

Archived