Do I send EOI before I finish degree?

nicola494

Hi all, I'm currently studying to be a nurse and want to move to oz ASAP after I qualify.

I'm trying to sort out the timeline in my head, the way I understand it, I will be able to have English test, medicals and police check ready in time for when I qualify, which will be in the sept.

i will still be 39 in sept but 40 in November, from what I understand, if I'm invited to apply after I send an eoi before I'm 40 I won't lose 10 points, however once I hit 40 I will lose them.

is it possible to send eoi before the sept, for example a few months before?

thanku all

Hi all, I'm currently studying to be a nurse and want to move to oz ASAP after I qualify.

I'm trying to sort out the timeline in my head, the way I understand it, I will be able to have English test, medicals and police check ready in time for when I qualify, which will be in the sept.

i will still be 39 in sept but 40 in November, from what I understand, if I'm invited to apply after I send an eoi before I'm 40 I won't lose 10 points, however once I hit 40 I will lose them.

is it possible to send eoi before the sept, for example a few months before?

thanku all

you need to have your skills and experience assessed by ANMAC before you can do the EOI and you need to do academic Ielts and get minimum of 7s before you can have skills assessed so i think the short answer would be no. Best to speak to a migration agent to look at your options.

To add Medicals and police checks are not required until after application has been lodged. It is not possible to apply for medical before application has been lodged and both are only valid for 12 months.

You are going to have to look at other options to increasing points, as skills assessments and IELTS must be completed before you can lodge EOI. I think that anmac skills assessment was taking about 16 weeks.

You could work in your IELTS - as you need academic for skills assessment- you will likely need 20points from English requirement - DIBP accept academic or general scores which are valid for 3 years for visa process.

I would concentrate on finishing your course first.

Archived