Media Industry - Australia

Cruz

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone had made the move from the UK, to work in Australia within the Media industry?

My main skills/experience are in Radio and TV presenting, however I do have some production skills, and have a BA Hons Degree in TV and Radio.

From the brief research I have done, Radio/TV presenting is listed on the 189/190 skilled occupation listing.

Would it be possible to immigrate to Oz to work within this field?

Thanks for any info.

I was surprised Radio/TV presenting would be on the list for a 189/190 so I checked and it doesn't seem to be

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/sol.pdf

I think you may have been looking at the CSOL

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/csol.pdf

This is the list for sponsored visas so it may be possible to work in Australia if you are able to be sponsored. Do be aware though there are significant risks in any kind of temporary sponsorship - it's 'working overseas' as opposed to 'migration'

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

So I would only be eligle for a 457 visa, as the job I want to do is only listed on, the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List?

But as you said, its quite risky as this is only a temp visa?

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

So I would only be eligle for a 457 visa, as the job I want to do is only listed on, the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List?

But as you said, its quite risky as this is only a temp visa?

No, there are a number of sponsored visas that use the CSOL - they are named at the top of the list.

457 is the most common though - you certainly shouldn't expect to be staying permanently and if you were to lose your job you only have a short time to find another one or leave even if your original visa was for 4 years. I imagine presenting is a fairly precarious occupation??

Archived