south australian police

barbieshrimp

My husband is a uk cop and wishing he was a South Australian cop! As there is no international recruitment drive at present, we are considering applying for permanent residency visa then applying as a new recruit to SAPOL. We are not sure, if successful with visa, if my husband would have to move out to Oz, then apply or could he apply whilst in UK and go to Oz if invited for interview and tests. With regard to costs we would prefer him to stay in uk until we knew he had a date to meet SAPOL rather than moving out there alone, paying rent and waiting for an interview. Has anyone else joined from uk this way. Time isnt on our side as he is 41 years young! Any help appreciated, would love to hear your stories.

Why dont you wait and see if SAPOL run a international recruitment drive later in the year???

WAPOL just ran a massive UK/EIRE recruitment drive throughout 2013, 150 Brit cops have been taken on, most of us in the process of moving over/applying for visas etc...

Youre given a perm residency visa if successful.

There is talk of WAPOL coming back to the UK for more officers in 2014 although youll have to keep checking the website.

Do you qualify for a PR that way? I am not quite sure how it works or if it's possible. Hopefully someone will be along that can explain for you.

They seem to be having a big recruitment drive for people already here at the moment.

Yes we have emailed them and they are happy for Garry to apply after he has obtained a pr visa. It would be good if they did have a recruitment drive for uk cops this year but who knows! he did apply for western australia police in 2013 but wasnt successful. That wasnt meant to be, maybe SAPOL is where we are meant to be! Adelaide was our first choice, so fingers crossed.

They might have more pressure on them to employ people already here and train them up since it was announced holdens will be closing down.

Yes I think he will have to move there from the UK, then apply with everyone else. First I have heard I one is closing down, are SAPOL making cutbacks like UK police?

Archived