Pre Order Australian Sim Card - Query

james007

Are you allowed to order a SIM card and get it delivered before you come out?

I was thinking of ordering a card so it is ready for when I arrive at my friends house.

Once more, I was thinking of putting the number on my resume.

I fly on the 21st of Jan on a perm visa and there is a good job I am in the process of applying for.

The job application end date is also the 21st of Jan.

Previous applications over the last month have ended in little responses and I believe that this maybe due to still being in the UK and Aussie citizen applications taking priority (which I can understand).

Therefore, I was looking to take away as much U.K content (e.g UK mobile number and address) on future applications with moving in 12 days. I will be living with my friend until I source a job.

When buying a SIM i know that you have to provide valid ID e.g international passport. Is it legal to order a SIM offshore if you have not arrived on your passport number and also not living at the address provided on the date of application?

Also, I know by law you have to state, how many pre-paid mobile services are currently in your name. I was over in Oz a year and a half ago and had a pre paid mobile and sim in my name.

I think although this was a pay as you sim, it has expired, as I get no signal with the old sim. I cannot reuse it, as it is the wrong size for my current phone but if i turn it on in the original handset I cannot see no signal.

Therefore, do i state I have a pre mobile paid service (as I have on record from a year and half ago) or say I do not have any service because it doesnt seem active.

I was thinking of getting this SIM for my Iphone 4 (which is now unlocked)

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/prepaid/sim-card/2-combi

Was just wondering if others have done a similar thing?

Cheers

James

Archived