190 Visa - IELTS validity query

Jlew

Our long winded application process continues. My wife will be the main applicant. We're working through the skills assessment process and should be complete in the next few weeks or so. Our plan was to head out on a validation trip this year but this has now changed to moving out to Victoria straight after my brother gets married in September 2015 as we can't miss this.

Our plan is to now complete the skills aassessment now and then complete EOI and visa application later in the year so that September 15 is within the 12month window to enter the country following the visa award (if I have this right?).

the question I have those is the IELTS element. The test was completed on 01 December 2012 and I understand it has a validity of two years. Does it need to be valid when we submit the EOI or when we submit our visa application following receipt of an invitation? It's an 8.5 score and would prefer not to resit.