Is it worth it??

thekeans

Hi all,

Having just read a ladies post about her OH flying out to OZ to get a sponsor I just wondered how many other people have chosen that option and how they went about doing it and how much luck they had?

Did you get your skills assessed before going, did you line up interviews or just go in cold turkey??

Just wondering as my OH is thinking about doing something similar.

Thanks

Clare

Guest leanneandmark

I suppose if you have the money, then it may be worth a shot!!

Personally i think if you can get a visa anyway then you may as well wait and go job hunting when you arrive.

There is a thread running about the 457 visa, so i think perhaps it should be used if its your only option.

We mailed companies and have a potential job lined up, and possibly sponsorship with, but they haven't sorted anything out yet. If they want the 457, then we will wait and go the route we were going down, but hopefully secure a position with them in the meantime.

Hi,

Just wanted to reply to thekeans really. My oh did just go out there and approached firms in a way. The firm that is sponsoring him we were in touch with via e-mail before he went and another firm interested in sponsoring him while he has been there we met last year in the uk and had an interview with them then.

The problem we have is that my oh is well past all the ages for a pr visa straight off so for us a 457 is the only way in. He did have a pr issued back in 1981 but his ex-wife decided not to go at the last minuit so unfortunately that visa was cancelled many years ago. He had no choice really but go as even though we e-mailed lots of companies from here and we received some replies back stating when he gets thee he jas got a job we needed the sponsor. Think people looked at his c.v were very impressed with it until they realised how old he were. Any way he went over and I think people realised he is a lot younger looking and qa lot fitter than most men his age. Plenty more years left in him yet hopefully.

I would urge peole where possible to go on a pr visa whenever possible because yes even though we have a temporary visa it will be down to me when we get there to retrain and get us all the pr visa.

Best of luck to everyone in thier visa quests.

Archived