How long between skills assessment and EOI?

cuberoot

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I've looked at the timelines for processing again, and it is long enough anyway. I was just worried that if I did get accepted, I would only have a short time to get all the documents together and move my life to Aus.

I think the best approach is to submit the Skills Assessment first. This can take up to 12 weeks for ACS. Then submit EOI. EOI can take about 10 weeks or more. Then if accepted, I've got 60 days to apply for the visa.

So in reality, there is about 6 months or more to prepare things.

A complicating factor if you're looking at stretching things out to the maximum possible extent is that a number of IT occupations are flagged for possible removal from the SOL. It may never happen, but if it does happen for the new program year (from 1 July) and you haven't already obtained skills assessment, submitted an EOI, received an invitation and applied for a visa, you may have lost your chance of getting a visa without sponsorship.

http://www.awpa.gov.au/our-work/labour-market-information/skilled-occupation-list/Pages/Flagged-Occupations.aspx Flagged occupations

Right, that could complicate things for me. I was hoping for skilled independent. I'll have to keep an eye on that. Thanks for the link.

Earliest I would be able to apply for Skills Assessment is late February, so if there is some delay with Skill Assessment, I might not get my EOI back in time.

I guess I'll just have to submit the Skills Assessment and see how it goes.

Archived