Anyone else waiting for an invite...

Swamps

Just after some moral support, my EOI for a 189 visa was lodged on 15th October but still no sign of an invite. Unfortunately it appears that my chosen occupation (Systems Analyst) has been popular and now quotas as in place as they are nearing capacity. I'm starting to cir the feeling that nothing is going to come my way until 1st july. so now I'm very worried that the Occupation will be removed from the list on 1st July and kill my chances of getting a Visa.

Anyone else in a similar situation or been waiting a long time for an invite?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Swamps,

Sticky situation! Your occupation Systems Analyst was extremely popular. In fact, in August last year the Department of Immigration announced that this occupation could no longer be sponsored by a State or Territory (so no 190 or 489 possible) and they stated that

In order to address this high level of demand, invitations for these occupations will now be issued on a pro rata basis for each twice monthly invitation round over the 2013-14 program year.

Some States announced that the occupation re-opened again a little later but at this stage I would say that it can be unlikely that you will receive an invitation anytime soon. According to the Department in September, they actually said that they would allocate half the places for applications with sponsorship and the other half for independent AND regional. They have said that the occupation ceiling will be the same for the coming year but then again, this can change without any warning...

Have you thought about trying to get State Sponsorship and hope for the best? Otherwise you may consider going down a different visa pathway or other occupation if you fulfill the requirements?

Sorry if my post didn't boost your morale but it may be better to think about alternative options now (and leave your EOI open) rather than waiting too long...

Good luck!

MARN: 1275878

Crossing Borders - Australian visa and immigration solutions

https://www.crossingborders.com.au

Hi Swamps,

Sticky situation! Your occupation Systems Analyst was extremely popular. In fact, in August last year the Department of Immigration announced that this occupation could no longer be sponsored by a State or Territory (so no 190 or 489 possible) and they stated that

In order to address this high level of demand, invitations for these occupations will now be issued on a pro rata basis for each twice monthly invitation round over the 2013-14 program year.

Some States announced that the occupation re-opened again a little later but at this stage I would say that it can be unlikely that you will receive an invitation anytime soon. According to the Department in September, they actually said that they would allocate half the places for applications with sponsorship and the other half for independent AND regional. They have said that the occupation ceiling will be the same for the coming year but then again, this can change without any warning...

Have you thought about trying to get State Sponsorship and hope for the best? Otherwise you may consider going down a different visa pathway or other occupation if you fulfill the requirements?

Sorry if my post didn't boost your morale but it may be better to think about alternative options now (and leave your EOI open) rather than waiting too long...

Good luck!

Claudia R

MARN: 1275878

Crossing Borders - Australian visa and immigration solutions

https://www.crossingborders.com.au

Archived