Work Experience- Sub Class 189

elpistolero

Hi all, hoping someone can help with a few work experience issues.

I'm a chartered accountant, having trained full time in a practice for 3.5 years. I was hoping that my 3.5 years work experience, which is a component of the qualification, would count as work experience for my visa application. However, I have heard that only my work experience post qualification would be considered. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Also, for the past four years, I have been working in Financial services as a Fund accountant, which isn't strictly the same thing as an accountant, which is what I will be applying as. Can anyone tell me if this will be a problem?

I'm hoping someone her has encountered (and overcome) similar problems!

I have heard that only my work experience post qualification would be considered

This is probably the case, but you might be ok if you can satisfy a DIBPcase officer that you had the skills training and qualifications to perform relevant tasks, as disclosed by ANZSSCO and you were doing so in the relevant period. Your Fund Accountant duties would probably qualify as 'closely related'. It is your duties, not your your job title is would be assessed.

I have posted on this topic a number of times.

Archived