Strongbow14

Hey

We have recently decided to move back to London from Sydney.

We don't have a lot of stuff, some furniture and sports stuff like bikes and golf clubs, big tv, smaller kitchen appliances, and other bits and pieces we have collected since being here.

We like the idea of the Movecube from Seven Seas, the larger one. We like that its dropped off and we can then pack a much stuff as possible into the box.

My question is, Can anyone who has used the MoveCube give us a rough idea of how much stuff they actually fitted in?

thanks

34 boxes. At least half, if not 2/3rds were tea chest sized.

King size bed frame and mattress (dismantled)

Wooden blanket box.

Set of golf clubs.

2 sets of drawers (not tall ones, just the usual mid height)

1 chair (taken apart)

1 desk, flat packed

1 double wardrobe (flat packed)

1 kids bike

A few other random things I've forgotten.

We bought boxes in 2 sizes only that took up same space when stacked. Book boxes for heavy stuff, tea chest for lighter/larger items. We then drew a to scale plan and measured furniture etc to ensure it would all fit. We didn't just try to cram it on the day as you only get a few hours to load it all. Having boxes all the same size made stacking much easier and maximised space. Plus having measured it all out before hand we knew it was going to fit well. If you have a few excess boxes it's not a disaster as they can be shipped separately.

It was jammed packed tight. The move cube guy said he'd never seen anyone get so much stuff in :) we planned it down to the last Lego block :P

Measure out the floor space and height marker and see what you can fit in it is the other thing some people do before booking one or filling it.

Depends how far in advance you book. We had a date and so booked a couple of months ahead to ensure a cube as they have limited numbers etc.

On the day it was with us on time, filled and collected on time.

We loaded it Oct 5th. Tracked it on its journey and it landed in Melbourne before Christmas but it'll be next week some time it actually arrives with us in Adelaide.

About the timeframe they have given us give or take a week or two but then we knew it would be tight if it arrived on Xmas as it'd probably have to wait till after to clear customs.

• 1 month later...

My Movecube back to the UK arrived a few days ago. I've just had a bit of a financial shock I would like to warn people about.

Firstly, storage of it. If you're not ready to receive it, SevenSeas will store it for you at their depot until you're sorted out. They wanted £135 per week to store our large 'cube! You get 2 weeks free storage, so get yourself sorted out quickly!

Also, make sure you start by getting a quote for it to be delivered to the right place. I wasn't sure where I'd be living back in the UK so I got a quote to have the 'cube delivered to Greater London, knowing I'd be in the south of the UK. How much more could it be? Well, they took it to their depot in Swindon, and when I phoned and told them I wanted it delivered to an address in Cambridgeshire, they told me it would cost £570 to take it there!

Bottom line for extra time and delivery to Cambridge was the thick end of a thousand quid, which was about what they charged me to collect in Perth and take it all the way to the UK!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived