rsms 187 melbourne update

enok

I have been reading people's threads for nearly three months. However very few thread is about melbourne...heaps of sydeny and some perth...no melboure...

can anyone share some news regarding melbourne?

I have been waiting for 4 months DRC.. which I know it could be longer..

RCB approve really quick.. and no news yet from Sep..

However in syd three months is standard...

Crazy now

Your best bet is to look at the timeline threads. There aren't really enough people applying for the 187 that a sub thread has been needed for each processing centre. Melbourne is historically the slowest though.

hi I have read through lots of the threads there. Didn't find many melbouren info. so that is why I post here and see if there is anyone from Melbourne to encourage me haha.... I will post in the RSMS timeline thread if I have any progress..

LOL...

THX blossm.... Melbourne is truly slow...ever...ever...

Hi enok,

I have applied for 187 DCR on 26 Aug also in Melbourne. The waiting drives me crazy but we will get there... Good luck!

Haha similar... I did at the beginning of Sep 7th...

well ...I have a friend handed in the same date as yours.which she just got it yesterday from syd tho...

Anyway there must be an answer in the following year isn't it? ha

cheers

RSMS 187 Visa (Direct Entry stream) granted today :)

Scientist, Australian undergrad degrees, 1 year work experience.

High risk country, non-decision ready application, no agent, Melbourne processing center.

[Friday] 15/11/2013 RCB lodged and approved on the same day

[Monday] 18/11/2013 Nomination approved

[Friday] 29/11/2013 VETASSESS skill assessment submitted

[saturday] 30/11/2013 Visa lodged online

[Tuesday] 17/11/2013 Skill assessment approved. CO requested for medical within 5mins.

[Wednesday] 18/11/2013 Medical

[Friday] 20/11/2013 Medical cleared online

[---Christmas holiday---]

[Monday] 30/11/2013 Visa granted!

I have to say that I am pretty impressed with their efficiency - the visa application took 1 month exactly, including waiting for VETASSESS approval and the Christmas holiday period.

I know some people get it within a couple of months while others have much longer waiting periods. Personally I figure that it depends a lot on your employer and the nature of your occupation. Immigration does state that they group visa applications to COs base on occupations, and therefore, the 'rarer' your occupation probably the faster the processing will be. Also, big creditable companies that have previously sponsored employees who stayed on in their jobs permanently after getting their citizenships will definitely help too.

Best of luck!

Archived