VetAssess & MARA Agents in England

Raul Nigli

Guest Ryan the wizard of oz

Thank you Blossom,

I appreciate you giving me the heads up, I have changed our signature so that it doesn't include our MARA number and it is 2 lines.

I really don't appreciate you suggesting I have been dishonest. Expert Visas have a contract with a fully accredited MARA agent and I have never stated once that I myself am a MARA agent, rather I am employed as a visa consultant and once my client has agreed to go ahead, our MARA agent Andrew and his team assist with the processing of the visa applications that we take on.I also agree that facts are facts and they should be made clear to the client regardless of weather they like it or not. These are my "up to date" evidences regarding the reason why I don't believe a job offer must be in place for a standard 190 visa application. http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/190.aspx (Please read the requirements section)http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/Occupationsindemand.aspx (Please find Chef as available on the state list)Question!! Where does it state in the terms and conditions of using this site that "You shouldn't post here or anywhere under a MARN unless you actually are registered."? The only reason our MARN number is in the signature is because I was advised to do so, as I've already made clear.."I" am not a MARA agent but the MARA number in the signature is one of our guys that we use. Feel free to email him to confirm if you're that worried.

Ryan, if you can't see why putting your name and someone else's MARA number is dishonest and could cause an issue, then it's pointless arguing. Again, if you can't see that the link I gave clearly shows that an occupation on schedule 2 of the WA state migration plan requires evidence of employment or a job offer, then it's pointless arguing.

I also can't see why you think a link to the 190 visa requirements is relevant when I have clearly stated it is a WA state requirement, or where the occupation of chef even comes into the argument? A fitness centre manager is on the csol so requires state sponsorship, it's not listed anywhere other than WA on schedule 2, schedule 2 occupations for WA require a job offer or evidence of employment......It's not hard to see and if you still 'believe' it's not the case, again it's pointless arguing. I can only hope that others can clearly see the correct information placed in front of them and don't get swayed by your posts.

I would seriously think twice about giving advice under a professional banner without researching the subject first, it reflects very badly upon your business and associates.

I am fully aware as previously stated in one of my messages of the occupation the applicant is applying under. I understand your frustration and your point regarding our signature after it was explained to me in a more professional manner by a moderator. I think it's best to dead this discussion between you and I and focus on the bigger picture which is helping this chap make a successful move.

I am fully aware as previously stated in one of my messages of the occupation the applicant is applying under. I understand your frustration and your point regarding our signature after it was explained to me in a more professional manner by a moderator. I think it's best to dead this discussion between you and I and focus on the bigger picture which is helping this chap make a successful move.

Agreed, so what is his best option?

....... Where does it state in the terms and conditions of using this site that "You shouldn't post here or anywhere under a MARN unless you actually are registered."?

Well, it says in section 283 of the Migration Act 1958:

"(1) A person who is not a registered migration agent must not directly or indirectly represent that he or she is such an agent....

Penalty: imprisonment for 2 years"

Use of a MARN is representing that you are a registered migration agent. MARNs relate to individual migration agents, not to organisations which enter into contracts with the migration agent.

So, if it is not stated clearly enough in terms and conditions of a website, following what is in the Migration Act and Regulations is a very good and strongly advised starting point. Now, being based outside of Australia does mean that you are not bound by Australian law in this regard, but even apart from the Migration Act, both the UK and Australia have consumer legislation which prohibits misleading advertising. If consumers believe (as a result of expertvisas' use of a MARN logo and number on the expertvisas' website) that expertvisas' has migration agents that are registered with MARA, then there is the question of whether consumer legislation has been breached.

....I also agree that facts are facts and they should be made clear to the client .

I'm sure that expertvisas' clients are clearly informed of the fact that expertvisas is not registered with MARA but contracts a person who is in fact registered to act on their behalf.

Thanks Killara,We're past that now, the MARA no. is not on the signature. Our MARA agent is very trustworthy and professional and he has checked the site; i'm sure if any laws were being breached that he would be the first to let us know. Erm..now back to Adams question "what is his best route?" It's a typically tricky case but he has a lot of good things going his way; I think this is ultimately going to boil down to how Raul wants to approach potential employers. What most Australia employers want to see is a genuine commitment to the country so if he can evidence this commitment it will help in terms of getting that 12 month job offer. I feel for you Raul that although you qualify for PR you have the heavy task of trying to secure employment. Have you checked to see if any other states are sponsoring your occupation? If you are willing and there are other states available then this would be great...let me have a look for you (but don't get your hopes up it's not the most common occupation.)

Our MARA agent is very trustworthy and professional and he has checked the site; i'm sure if any laws were being breached that he would be the first to let us know.

Well, as you can see from my signature, I am both a lawyer and registered migration agent... but I agree that the registered migration agent that you contract to do work for your business who is a migration agent but not a lawyer should at least be able to inform you about the requirements of the Migration Act and Regulations, but feel free to give the Office of MARA a quick call if you would like to quickly confirm about displaying the MARN of the agent you contract with in your own signatures and website and whether that is acceptable to them.

Well, as you can see from my signature, I am both a lawyer and registered migration agent... but I agree that the registered migration agent that you contract to do work for your business who is a migration agent but not a lawyer should at least be able to inform you about the requirements of the Migration Act and Regulations, but feel free to give the Office of MARA a quick call if you would like to quickly confirm about displaying the MARN of the agent you contract with in your own signatures and website and whether that is acceptable to them.

I have been informed of the requirements of the Migration act and we have a consumer guide and code of conduct available for our clients on our site as well. Wow that's brilliant that you're a lawyer and and a registered migration agent; congratulations.

I'm getting a truck fall of attention here, I understand the curiosity as we're a new agency on the scene but you chaps need to slow down honestly. You won't find anything clandestine about us except for a misunderstanding with a blog signature. MARK 1234 who seems also very interested in me and my past. His Question: "Did I used to work for Global Visas now called IXP Visas?" Yes I did; I left about 2 years ago now. Why do you ask?

Raul,

I've checked the different state sponsorship lists and you only have ACT (Australian Capital Territory) and WA (Western Australia) which are both on the "off list" category which can require, evidence of a job offer or for ACT a family member living in that state. It's unfortunate but no doubt your next step now is to try and secure a job offer. I'm not sure if the job must be specific to your area of expertise however perhaps one of the guys/girls here can take a break from studying me and tell you that.

Raul,

I've checked the different state sponsorship lists and you only have ACT (Australian Capital Territory) and WA (Western Australia) which are both on the "off list" category which can require, evidence of a job offer or for ACT a family member living in that state. It's unfortunate but no doubt your next step now is to try and secure a job offer. I'm not sure if the job must be specific to your area of expertise however perhaps one of the guys/girls here can take a break from studying me and tell you that.

Ryan, the point is you argued that the advice I gave was wrong while posting under a MARA number. I've had to waste my time proving information that anyone with a basic knowledge of the system would know. If the OP took your advice as accurate because of the credibility given by the MARA number, it could prove costly.

Raul - I would suggest getting a free initial consultation with a Registered Migration Agent to get an opinion on the best pathway forward. Getting a job offer is not the next logical step, however to answer Ryan's question it would need to be closely related to the nominated occupation in this scenario.

Listen Adam,

I'm only going to go through this once more!! I've already discussed this with you, we're not going to go back and forth. YES if someones occupation is off list they need evidence of a job offer, I shouldn't have suggested that your advice was incorrect as I had mistaken Rauls occupation for another person I was dealing with.

Jump off this MARA number situation and stop being so petty. I placed our MARA agents number in the signature NOT with the intention of trying to make it look like it's mine. Also we have a secure process in place that if a consultant made a mistake it would be rectified before any money has been paid as our clients have to confirm our consultation notes are correct which is included in our contracts.

We will continue to grow and be a success because we are sincere in our goal of processing successful applications unlike many other companies that don't share that ethos.

Listen Adam of Quick Visas stop getting excited and accept my apology...or don't. Either way this is finished.

Guest The Pom Queen

I am going to close this thread.

Please accept my apologises Raul for your thread being taken off track when it could have been discussed via pm.

Raul I hope you manage to secure your visa, good luck.

Archived